Download and read the APHC Statement on Racism and Racial Violence
Save the Date for our Virtual Conference
Friday, February 19, 2021 11:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. ET
Professionalism and Trust in Health Care During a Crisis
More information coming soon.
Dr. Adina Kalet - Can We Educate Physicians to Be Trustworthy? It Depends.
Dr. Pat Werhane - Organizational Ethics and Improving Patient Trust
1. Enhancing Trust through Professionalism Development in Doctor of Nursing Practice Students
2. Learning to Trust One Another: What's Most Important for Training Interprofessional Faculty in Humanism and Professionalism?
3. Professionalism, Moral Injury and Burnout: Restoring trust in the patient-physician relationship
4. Teaching health professions students to practice humility as a means to systemic change: a proposal for building trust and trustworthiness
5. Teaching Trust and Professionalism Through Health Humanities Research
6. The Futility of Bravado: Medically Inappropriate Treatment is Not the Path to Trust
7. The Inextricable Link Between Professionalism and Trust
8. The Presumptions of Trust and the Practice of Demonstrating Trustworthiness: Lessons from a Residency Training Program
9. The Uncertain Path: Building Inter-team Trust in Complex Decision Making
10. Trust at Stake - Advocating For An At-Risk Community: A Case Study
APHC 2020 & 2021 Sponsorship Opportunities
Please consider supporting APHC.
Many thanks to our 2020 & 2021 Conference Sponsors
AMA Journal of Ethics
Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics, Loyola University Chicago Bioethics Institute, American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine and American Board of Medical Specialties
Center for Christian Bioethics Loma Linda University Health and Penn State College of Medicine
APHC/Professional Formation Resources
Professional Formation Modules
During Covid-19 when many courses are online, Professional Formation offers 13 modules about professionalism on a variety of topics, which are free for a limited time. Share modules on social justice teams, compassion and resilience, moral distress and moral courage, confidentiality, boundaries, empathy and more. Sign up for the free modules at: https://bit.ly/ProfessionalFormationSignUp Watch webinars with module authors: http://www.professionalformation.org/webinars.htm
Listen to leaders talk about professionalism topics. The podcast, Healthcare Professionalism: Education, Research & Resources. You can find the episodes at https://bit.ly/PF-APHC-Podcast
The Professional Formation Newsletter, a joint venture of the Academy for Professionalism in Health Care and ProfessionalFormation.org (PFO), seeks to advance conversations and perspectives on the practice, education, and research of clinical professionalism as it evolves. All issues are available in the News & Newsletters tab in the Document Library.